Peacock—LGBTQIA Collection Call—Everybody looks good in a suit, but it takes skill, dedication, and love of craft to wear a suit to bring a room to its knees. For most, any off the rack suit will do. For some, it’s bespoke or get out. They know their cuffs, knots, wools, linens, silks, and cuts like they know their own face. They’re friends with the finest tailors in towns, and would never strut about in anything less than perfection.
Less Than Three Press is seeking stories about people who love suits, and enjoy the thrill that only wearing a well-tailored suit can bring.
- Deadline is September 30, 2015 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 40,000 words in length.
- Stories must feature at least one LGBTQIA character, a romance, and somehow adhere to the theme of suits.
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
PEACOCK is a collection, meaning stories will be sold individually and authors paid royalties. Examples: Proud to Be a Vampire or A Loose Screw. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces.
Stories should be complete before submitting and edited—do not submit a first draft. They can be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (we prefer Calibri size 12) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Any questions should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, at email@example.com (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine). Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.