I’ve wanted to write something since the event ended but I haven’t been able to create coherent thoughts. So I think I’ll do a list, as an old friend taught me to do when the words aren’t flowing.
- Community is good.
- A community of old friends is even better.
- People can be mean.
- Losing friends can hurt as much as an adult as it did as a child.
- The world feels big and small and confusing and sad.
- I’m so glad I have my pretty little corner in it.
- There is grace in being okay with less.
- And in appreciating the gems instead of missing the ones you don’t have.
- Medication is a blessing.
- Reminiscing can be really heartbreakingly lovely.
- Being settled is not the same as settling.
- I am blindingly lucky.
- Getting older has an awful lot of perks involving understanding.
- And an awful lot of grey hair.
- Self loathing is hard to rid oneself of.
- But it’s worth trying.
I hope you’re well. I hope you can see the blue sky beyond the clouds. I hope you are happy and can take a deep breath and laugh with someone who accepts you for you, in all your youness. Feel free to share your own list with me…